Regional Campaign Manager, Latin America
Latin America, with a preference for Argentina
350.org is looking for an experienced campaign manager and movement builder to help make the anti-fracking and climate campaigns across the region louder, stronger, and more diverse. This is a full time, 5 days per week position, with 40-50 % travel time.
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
About the Regional Campaign Leader position
We are looking for an experienced campaign manager with a strategic mind and who has a background in coordination and campaign implementation. The position is to be based in Latin America, preferably in Argentina. The position requires 40-50% of the time travelling.
This person will work closely with our team and Brazil and the COESUS coalition while expanding the campaign to Argentina and networking with other anti-fracking initiatives across Latin America. To do this we are seeking someone with lots of creativity, vision and energy, combined with the skills to convene, collaborate, and organise at a national, regional and international level. S/he will work with politicians, frontline communities and grassroots activists.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with a variety of different working speeds and contexts depending on the communities being partnered with, and excited about building a powerful social movement to respond to the threats of fracking and climate change.
Main responsibilities (not a complete list):
- Develop and manage regional campaign strategy against fracking;
- Engage with different groups to galvanize support to the campaign;
- Planning and managing the recruitment of organisers (and volunteers);
- Establishing and fostering new partnerships;
- Planning and delivering content for workshops targeting different audiences;
- Content production for the Spanish website;
- Act as spokesperson for 350, including giving interviews to different media;
- Campaign-related event planning and implementation.
- Manage other regional staff.
- Skilled campaigner with proven experience in a range of campaigning roles – media, actions, coalition work, working with frontline communities, etc…;
- Experience in campaign strategy development
- Exceptional communicator, both written and verbal;
- Track-record of successfully managing multi-cultural teams and campaign projects;
- People-person who can artfully build relationships with organisers, community groups and other allies;
- Has a basic understanding of climate change, fracking, divestment, and fossil fuel issues;
- Ability to quickly write and implement plans;
- Creative problem solver, including the ability to generate fresh campaign ideas;
- Comfortable working remotely with colleagues in multiple time-zones via skype, conference calls, and other online tools;
- Fluent in Spanish and English both written and spoken;
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences:
- A global perspective on climate change and current events;
- Experience with coalition and/or multi-stakeholder campaign planning and implementation;
- Experience running workshops & trainings;
- Portuguese language skills;
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: full time (travelling 40-50% of the time)
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled
Start Date: flexible
Compensation: competitive compensation based on experience
Location: Argentina preferably
We hope to begin the interview process by 4 April, 2016, but this position is open until filled.